The APOCTHULHU Quickstart PDF is available right now on DriveThruRPG. The 73-page PDF contains literally everything you need to get a game of Post-Apocalyptic Lovecraftian goodness up and running for your gaming group.
More specifically, it includes:
- A streamlined version of the full APOCTHULHU rules (which will be released later in the year)
- Rules for creating new characters (called “Survivors” in the APOCTHULHU parlance)
- A set of six fully-detailed pre-generated characters
- A suitably creepy sample Post-Apocalypse setting (“This Fecund Planet” as featured here in the blog in February), and
- A 25-ish page scenario by Chad Bowser set in the same Post-Apocalyptic world.
The whole thing is a “Pay-What-You-Want” title on DTRPG, which means you can grab it for free if you want. Indeed, if the current world situation finds you in difficult circumstances we really WANT you to grab it for free. Alternatively, if you are interested in contributing some funds to allow us to make the core rulebook even cooler and prettier, your generosity will be very much appreciated by all of us here at Cthulhu Reborn.
Also today we have created a support page here on Cthulhu Reborn to provide resources for APOCTHULHU. Right now it contains a fillable autocalc version of the character sheet as well as pre-filled character sheets for the six-pregens included in the Quickstart. Feel free to grab these files if you think they’ll make it quicker and easier for you and your friends to dive into the game.
So … don’t delay … head over to DTRPG and nab yourself a brand new RPG. The Apocalypse has never been more Lovecrafty.